Visit The Garden Pool!
Join the GP MeetupClick here to join the Garden Pool Meetup for public tours and classes.
Follow Garden Pool On
Follow us on FacebookClick here for more information or to support the GP in Haiti project!
Get the GP e-Book
Shop at the Garden Pool!
Featured GP Products
What is Garden Pool?The Garden Pool was a large run-down pool that is now a backyard closed-loop food production system using aquaponics and is powered by solar energy. The GP was designed to feed a family of four with organic eggs, milk, fruit, veggies, herbs, and fish 365 days a year while using 90% less water than conventional farming methods. We are a non-profit organization to innovate, teach, and help others use more sustainable ways to grow food.
Garden Pool Blog
- How to Make a Simple 5 Gallon Bucket Aeroponics System - The 5 gallon bucket aeroponic system is very simple to make and operate. It was designed to provide a compact and inexpensive way to grow food usi...
- How to Harvest and Store Rainwater, Dew, & Frost - Every year, our home collects over 15,000 gallons of rainwater and continually stores over 5,000 gallons of water to grow food. Besides being free, ...
- Getting Started in Aquaponics - Class: Getting Started in Aquaponics Recorded LIVE When: September 7th, 2013 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 57 minutes Getting Starte...
- How to Grow and Cook Banana Plants - Bananas are one of the most beautiful plants that can be added to your garden. The large green leaves provide a lush tropical feel to any growing envi...
- Growing Duckweed - We really appreciate what duckweed contributes to the Garden Pool. We dedicate more surface area of growing duckweed than to any other plant we grow. ...
- Starting Plants from Seeds - Starting plants from seed is an art, but one that can be learned. We plant thousands of seeds every year at the Garden Pool and starting plants from s...
- GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer - The GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer was designed by Garden Pool's Dennis McClung for the Garden Pool Haiti project to help provide clean water for ...
- Designing Aquaponic Systems with SketchUp - We use the free program, SketchUp, to design most of our projects at Garden Pool. SketchUp (also known as Google SketchUp) is a 3D modelling program f...
Quick Garden Pool FactsWhat We Get Daily From The GP
- Tilapia Fish
- About 1/2gallon of Goat Milk
- About 5-6 Chicken Eggs
- Fruit, Veggies, & Herbs
Materials Used To Build The GP
- Pressure Treated Lumber
- 10' 3/4" PVC
- 12' x 40' 12 mil Clear UV Tarp in the Winter & White 40% Shade Cloth in the Summer
- 5 & 2.5 Gallon Buckets
- Rain Gutter
- 1/2" Tubing
- Lava Rock
- Kiddie Pools
- Chicken Wire
- Solar Setup
- LED Lighting
QR Code Qr code Advertising
Category Archives: Beneficial Insects
We have had much success harvesting Black Soldier Fly Larvae to feed our chickens, but we needed a new design. After much thought, this is the design that we have come up with. We designed this unit with these things … Continue reading