Follow Garden Pool on
Become a GP Intern!Apply for an internship at Garden Pool. Click here to learn more.
Watch GP on The Chew!Click here to watch Garden Pool's recent appearance on ABC's The Chew!
Help Support Garden PoolGarden Pool is a federally recognized 501(c)3 public charity and eligible to receive tax-deductible donations.
We need donations to operate.
Thank you for your support!
Garden Pool’s MissionOur goal as a public charity is to continue to innovate, create, educate, and support better ways to grow food!
Get the GP Newsletter
Join GP ASU Student Organization!
Order Berries & Fruit Trees
Join A GP MeetUp Group
Volunteer with GP and earn Volunteer Points!
*PRE-ORDER* The 3rd Edition!
GP Aeroponics Kits!
Shop Online at GP!
Join the Seeds of the Month Club!
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
GP on Pinterest
GP on Twitter
Recent GP Classes
- How to Grow Duckweed and Azolla - If you know Garden Pool, then you know we love Duckweed! This amazing plant is important to our system and now we would like to teach you how to grow ...
- How to Make a Simple 5 Gallon Bucket Aeroponics System - The 5 gallon bucket aeroponic system is very simple to make and operate. It was designed to provide a compact and inexpensive way to grow food usi...
- How to Harvest and Store Rainwater, Dew, & Frost - Every year, our home collects over 15,000 gallons of rainwater and continually stores over 5,000 gallons of water to grow food. Besides being free, ...
- Getting Started in Aquaponics - Class: Getting Started in Aquaponics Recorded LIVE When: September 7th, 2013 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 57 minutes Getting Starte...
- How to Grow and Cook Banana Plants - Bananas are one of the most beautiful plants that can be added to your garden. The large green leaves provide a lush tropical feel to any growing envi...
- Growing Duckweed - We really appreciate what duckweed contributes to the Garden Pool. We dedicate more surface area of growing duckweed than to any other plant we grow. ...
- Starting Plants from Seeds - Starting plants from seed is an art, but one that can be learned. We plant thousands of seeds every year at the Garden Pool and starting plants from s...
- Designing Aquaponic Systems with SketchUp - We use the free program, SketchUp, to design most of our projects at Garden Pool. SketchUp (also known as Google SketchUp) is a 3D modelling program f...
Category Archives: DIY Projects
The 5 gallon bucket aeroponic system is very simple to make and operate. It was designed to provide a compact and inexpensive way to grow food using 5 gallon food-grade buckets. The unit is only filled with less than 2 … Continue reading
Aeroponics is a really simple and worry-free way to grow and clone veggies and herbs. Aeroponics is growing vegetation without soil, but the roots are suspended and sprayed with water and/or nutrient solution. It is a worry-free way to clone … Continue reading
We were looking for a way to milk our goat more efficiently than using the hand and bucket method when we stumbled on a home made goat milking machine. The hand powered device uses an automotive tool, a hand vacuum … Continue reading
We have been spending a lot of time with our Dwarf Nigerian milking goat, Honey. Her kids are weened so she is in full dairy production. We milk her twice a day so a sturdy and comfortable milking stand is … Continue reading
Although we have had great success growing our vegetation inside the Garden Pool, it is time for us to expand to the rest of the backyard. The more we expand our vegetative growth, the more fish we can raise. What we … Continue reading
We live in the Sonoran Desert so water is very precious here. Gray water is waste water that a household generates from sources like bathing and washing clothes that typically account for about 50-80% of potable water use. We have … Continue reading
We have been wanting to finish this project for a while. Well, we finally found the pump we wanted to make it happen. The pump we used is powered by the Garden Pool solar setup. This should add a substantial … Continue reading
We have had much success harvesting Black Soldier Fly Larvae to feed our chickens, but we needed a new design. After much thought, this is the design that we have come up with. We designed this unit with these things … Continue reading
Shelfponics, a term first coined here, is the Garden Pool team’s original invention and is available for purchase. Click Here to order a Shelfonics Kit by GardenPool.org. Here is how we invented shelfponics: So I was looking at an unused … Continue reading