- Order wholesale fruit trees and GP will donate locally in your name! Click here to browse the selection.
Visit The Garden Pool!
Follow Garden Pool On
Help us build a GP in Haiti
- Click here for more information or to support the GP in Haiti project!
Donate to GP Haiti
Get the GP e-Book
Shop at the Garden Pool!
Featured GP Products
What is Garden Pool?The Garden Pool was a large run-down pool that is now a backyard closed-loop food production system using aquaponics and is powered by solar energy. The GP was designed to feed a family of four with organic eggs, milk, fruit, veggies, herbs, and fish 365 days a year while using 90% less water than conventional farming methods. We are a non-profit organization to innovate, teach, and help others use more sustainable ways to grow food.
Join the GP MeetupClick here to join the Garden Pool Meetup for public tours and classes.
Follow us on Facebook
Garden Pool Blog
- Starting Plants from Seeds - Starting plants from seed is an art, but one that can be learned. We plant thousands of seeds every year at the Garden Pool and starting plants from s...
- GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer - The GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer was designed by Garden Pool's Dennis McClung for the Garden Pool Haiti project to help provide clean water for ...
- Designing Aquaponic Systems with SketchUp - We use the free program, SketchUp, to design most of our projects at Garden Pool. SketchUp (also known as Google SketchUp) is a 3D modelling program f...
- How to Grow and Clone the Goji Berry Plant - We have found Goji Berry Plants both productive and very easy to grow. We think everyone can grow this super food. Goji Berries (Lycium barbarum o...
- How to Grow and Cook the Curry Leaf Plant - Murraya keonighii - Rutaceae - Original content by Wilmot W. - Master Gardener Curry Growing Information The curry leaf plant is native to India and Sri Lanka and has small...
- How to Grow and Cook the Moringa Plant and more. - The moringa class was filmed and streamed live at the Garden Pool. Moringa Growing Information: -Grows great in Zone 9 and higher, but can be g...
GP on Twitter
Quick Garden Pool FactsWhat We Get Daily From The GP
- Tilapia Fish
- About 1/2gallon of Goat Milk
- About 5-6 Chicken Eggs
- Fruit, Veggies, & Herbs
Materials Used To Build The GP
- Pressure Treated Lumber
- 10' 3/4" PVC
- 12' x 40' 12 mil Clear UV Tarp in the Winter & White 40% Shade Cloth in the Summer
- 5 & 2.5 Gallon Buckets
- Rain Gutter
- 1/2" Tubing
- Lava Rock
- Kiddie Pools
- Chicken Wire
- Solar Setup
- LED Lighting
QR Code Qr code Advertising
Category Archives: Gardening Tips
Starting plants from seed is an art, but one that can be learned. We plant thousands of seeds every year at the Garden Pool and starting plants from seeds and seed saving make it all possible and affordable. We have … Continue reading
We have found Goji Berry Plants both productive and very easy to grow. We think everyone can grow this super food. Goji Berries (Lycium barbarum or wolfberry) are an easy plant to grow that offers a nutritious and tasty treat, … Continue reading
Original content by Wilmot W. – Master Gardener Curry Growing Information The curry leaf plant is native to India and Sri Lanka and has small and very pungent aromatic leaves. The leaves are used in Asian cooking, mainly in curries … Continue reading
The moringa class was filmed and streamed live at the Garden Pool. Moringa Growing Information: -Grows great in Zone 9 and higher, but can be grown indoor in pots, as a seasonal crop, or greenhouse grown in colder climates. -Can … Continue reading
Class: Successful Summer Fruit Tree Planting Recorded LIVE Who: Alex Peña When: June 30th, 2012 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 52 minutes This class was recorded live in a classroom setting. To be a part of our … Continue reading
Class: Cloning Recorded LIVE Who: Dennis McClung When: March 12th, 2012 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 10 minutes This cloning class was recorded live in a classroom setting. To be a part of our classes in person, … Continue reading
Class: Air Layering Recorded LIVE Who: Alex Peña owner of TropicaMango Rare Fruit Nursery When: March 12th, 2012 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 10 minutes Air Layering was recorded live in a classroom setting. To be a … Continue reading
We really appreciate what duckweed contributes to the Garden Pool. We dedicate more surface area of growing duckweed than to any other plant we grow. The tiny floating plant adds nutrition to the diets of our fish and hens while … Continue reading
As many have noticed, we have been slowly adding fruit trees to our home. We now have over a dozen varieties of tropical fruit growing at our home including peach, tangerine, grapes, banana, dragon fruit, and more. We thought it … Continue reading
There are a few plants that seem to grow better than others in an aquaponic setup. One such plants is the strawberry. One can easily grow and propagate strawberries to have the delicious berries growing all over the place. Strawberries are easy to propagate … Continue reading