Please help Garden PoolGarden Pool is a federally recognized 501(c)3 public charity and eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable donations. We need donations to operate.
Thank you for your support!
The new GP Book is here!!
Order Local Fruit Trees
Visit The Garden Pool!
Join the GP MeetupClick here to join the Garden Pool Meetup for public tours and classes.
Follow Garden Pool On
Follow us on Facebook
Shop at the Garden Pool!
Featured GP Products
What is Garden Pool?The Garden Pool was a large run-down pool that is now a backyard closed-loop food production system using aquaponics and is powered by solar energy. The GP was designed to feed a family of four with organic eggs, milk, fruit, veggies, herbs, and fish 365 days a year while using 90% less water than conventional farming methods. We are a non-profit organization to innovate, teach, and help others use more sustainable ways to grow food.
Campo Urbano Garden PoolHelp GP complete the Campo Urbano greenhouse. Click here for more info.
Garden Pool Blog
- How to Grow Duckweed and Azolla - If you know Garden Pool, then you know we love Duckweed! This amazing plant is important to our system and now we would like to teach you how to grow ...
- How to Make a Simple 5 Gallon Bucket Aeroponics System - The 5 gallon bucket aeroponic system is very simple to make and operate. It was designed to provide a compact and inexpensive way to grow food usi...
- How to Harvest and Store Rainwater, Dew, & Frost - Every year, our home collects over 15,000 gallons of rainwater and continually stores over 5,000 gallons of water to grow food. Besides being free, ...
- Getting Started in Aquaponics - Class: Getting Started in Aquaponics Recorded LIVE When: September 7th, 2013 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 57 minutes Getting Starte...
- How to Grow and Cook Banana Plants - Bananas are one of the most beautiful plants that can be added to your garden. The large green leaves provide a lush tropical feel to any growing envi...
- Growing Duckweed - We really appreciate what duckweed contributes to the Garden Pool. We dedicate more surface area of growing duckweed than to any other plant we grow. ...
- Starting Plants from Seeds - Starting plants from seed is an art, but one that can be learned. We plant thousands of seeds every year at the Garden Pool and starting plants from s...
- GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer - The GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer was designed by Garden Pool's Dennis McClung for the Garden Pool Haiti project to help provide clean water for ...
QR Code Qr code Advertising
Category Archives: GP News
In January 2007, our family decided to change the way we live. At first we did not know where to begin, so we came up with a five year plan. Our goal sounded simple, to live as self-sufficient as possible … Continue reading
As 2010 comes to an end, we look back at our first full year at the Garden Pool. We were fortunate to have had quite a few visitors at the Garden Pool in 2010. One of our more intriguing guests … Continue reading
Recorded LIVE When: October 20th, 2010 Where: Gangplank in Chandler, AZ Who: Dennis with GardenPool.org Length: 31 minutes GardenPool.org talked at Gangplank about the Garden Pool and our story. Here is the Garden Pool Story: Here are the slides from … Continue reading