Visit The Garden Pool!
Join the GP MeetupClick here to join the Garden Pool Meetup for public tours and classes.
Follow Garden Pool On
Follow us on FacebookClick here for more information or to support the GP in Haiti project!
Get the GP e-Book
Shop at the Garden Pool!
Featured GP Products
What is Garden Pool?The Garden Pool was a large run-down pool that is now a backyard closed-loop food production system using aquaponics and is powered by solar energy. The GP was designed to feed a family of four with organic eggs, milk, fruit, veggies, herbs, and fish 365 days a year while using 90% less water than conventional farming methods. We are a non-profit organization to innovate, teach, and help others use more sustainable ways to grow food.
Garden Pool Blog
- How to Make a Simple 5 Gallon Bucket Aeroponics System - The 5 gallon bucket aeroponic system is very simple to make and operate. It was designed to provide a compact and inexpensive way to grow food usi...
- How to Harvest and Store Rainwater, Dew, & Frost - Every year, our home collects over 15,000 gallons of rainwater and continually stores over 5,000 gallons of water to grow food. Besides being free, ...
- Getting Started in Aquaponics - Class: Getting Started in Aquaponics Recorded LIVE When: September 7th, 2013 Where: The Garden Pool in Mesa, AZ Length: 57 minutes Getting Starte...
- How to Grow and Cook Banana Plants - Bananas are one of the most beautiful plants that can be added to your garden. The large green leaves provide a lush tropical feel to any growing envi...
- Growing Duckweed - We really appreciate what duckweed contributes to the Garden Pool. We dedicate more surface area of growing duckweed than to any other plant we grow. ...
- Starting Plants from Seeds - Starting plants from seed is an art, but one that can be learned. We plant thousands of seeds every year at the Garden Pool and starting plants from s...
- GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer - The GP 5 Gallon UV Water Sterilizer was designed by Garden Pool's Dennis McClung for the Garden Pool Haiti project to help provide clean water for ...
- Designing Aquaponic Systems with SketchUp - We use the free program, SketchUp, to design most of our projects at Garden Pool. SketchUp (also known as Google SketchUp) is a 3D modelling program f...
Quick Garden Pool FactsWhat We Get Daily From The GP
- Tilapia Fish
- About 1/2gallon of Goat Milk
- About 5-6 Chicken Eggs
- Fruit, Veggies, & Herbs
Materials Used To Build The GP
- Pressure Treated Lumber
- 10' 3/4" PVC
- 12' x 40' 12 mil Clear UV Tarp in the Winter & White 40% Shade Cloth in the Summer
- 5 & 2.5 Gallon Buckets
- Rain Gutter
- 1/2" Tubing
- Lava Rock
- Kiddie Pools
- Chicken Wire
- Solar Setup
- LED Lighting
QR Code Qr code Advertising
Category Archives: Recipes
Bananas are one of the most beautiful plants that can be added to your garden. The large green leaves provide a lush tropical feel to any growing environment. Banana plants are easy to grow and adapt well to many climates. … Continue reading
We have found Goji Berry Plants both productive and very easy to grow. We think everyone can grow this super food. Goji Berries (Lycium barbarum or wolfberry) are an easy plant to grow that offers a nutritious and tasty treat, … Continue reading
Original content by Wilmot W. – Master Gardener Curry Growing Information The curry leaf plant is native to India and Sri Lanka and has small and very pungent aromatic leaves. The leaves are used in Asian cooking, mainly in curries … Continue reading
The moringa class was filmed and streamed live at the Garden Pool. Moringa Growing Information: -Grows great in Zone 9 and higher, but can be grown indoor in pots, as a seasonal crop, or greenhouse grown in colder climates. -Can … Continue reading
Preparing Cooked Pumpkin Ingredients for Pie Filling 2 cups cooked pumpkin 1/4 cup cold water 2 eggs 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 12 fluid ounce can evaporated milk 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup shortening … Continue reading
Ingredients 1/4 Teaspoon Salt 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper 5 Eggs 1 Cup Milk 2 Teaspoon Olive Oil 1/2 Sweet Onion 2 Cups Swiss Chard 2 Cups Shredded Cheese Directions Preheat Oven to 375 and add olive oil to saute pan using … Continue reading
Fresh goat cheese is a simple and quick to make. The recipe below only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish and will yield about 11 ounces of cheese. Materials Large Pot Large Pot Cheese Cloth Strainer Wooden Spoon … Continue reading
Directions Cut potatoes in to small 1/4″ cubes. Cook the tilapia fillets in a skillet on Medium heat with the potato cubes. In a bowl, mix melted butter, sour cream, cheese, and soup. Combine the bowl mixture and the tilapia and potatoes … Continue reading
As 2010 comes to an end, we look back at our first full year at the Garden Pool. We were fortunate to have had quite a few visitors at the Garden Pool in 2010. One of our more intriguing guests … Continue reading