It is only $10 for an order of azolla to add to your pond, aquarium, or garden pool.
Price includes FREE Priority Shipping!One order includes 1/4 cup of moist azolla wrapped in water-tight container and boxed for shipping. Azolla can survive for a week or two in shipping. You will probably get your shipment via USPS in around 3-4 business days after receipt of payment. All orders are usually shipped on Mondays following receipt of your payment.
We only ship in the U.S.
How to grow azolla in a pond
- Choose a pond in full sun with slow moving or still water.
- To help the azolla become established, fill a plastic bucket with water from the pond around 6″in depth. Float the azolla in the bucket. You can partially submerge the bucket in the pond, just make sure fish cannot enter the bucket.
- Add pond water or nutrients as necessary to keep the bucket at least half full of water. It will take 3 to 7 days for the azolla to multiply in ideal conditions.
- When the azolla has completely blanketed the water in the bucket, use a fish net or plastic scoop to gently transfer most of the azolla from the bucket to the pond. Leave a few azolla plants in the bucket to continue to grow and multiple just in case the azolla in the pond is eaten by fish.
- Continue growing azolla in the bucket and transferring into the pond until you have sufficient azolla growing in the pond.
How to grow azolla in an aquarium
- Float several azolla plants on the surface of an aquarium that contains fish or water that has had fish in it. You can leave aeration systems in place.
- Place a cover with lights (any type of light will work) on top of the aquarium.
- Feed your fish as normal. In 3 to 7 days the azolla will begin to cover the surface of the water.
For more information about growing azolla, Click Here.
- Product Options
# Option Price 1 1/4 cup $10.00
- Shipping Rate:
We are sorry. GP is temporarily Out of Stock. Please check back soon.