Fresh goat cheese is a simple and quick to make. The recipe below only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish and will yield about 11 ounces of cheese.
(1/2 Gallon) Fresh Goat Milk
(1/4 Cup) Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a large pot, bring the goat milk to a rolling boil while stirring the entire time. You must stir continuously to make sure that the milk does not burn.
- Once the milk is boiling, add the vinegar and turn off the heat. Stir in the vinegar and the curds should begin forming immediately. Continue stirring until no more curds form.
- Using a strainer lined with cheese cloth, pour the mixture in to the strainer so that the whey falls in to the large bowl.
- Squeeze and tighten the cheese cloth to remove excess moisture.
- You can hang the cheese in the refrigerator suspended to cool and continue drying the cheese to desired moisture level.