Tomatillo and Tilapia Soup is a healthy way to serve a hot soup using what we have to work with from the Garden Pool. This is a family favorite during rainy or cold days.
- 1 1/2 cups of diced tomatillos
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon of margarine
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 jalapeños diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped spinach
- 3 3/4 cups of whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 Tilapias filleted and lightly fried
- Sauté tomatillos, onions, and garlic with margarine for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender. Add peas and cilantro. Puree to chunky.
- Pour the mixture into a large pot and add tilapia, broth, jalapeños, spinach, corn and sugar.
- Heat and serve.