Please help support Garden Pool and shop at Whole Foods Market Tempe on Wednesday, June 24th. That day, 5% of Whole Foods Market Tempe storewide net profits will be donated to Garden Pool! Garden Pool is your local innovative grassroots ngo that does amazing things with our army of GP volunteers.
Garden Pool is a federally recognized 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization for sustainable food production research and education. Our goal as a non-profit is to both innovate and provide the public with agricultural and horticultural knowledge and skills. In short, we want to learn, create, educate, and support better ways to grow food!
Garden Pool has many upcoming local projects that will benefit from this exciting event at Whole Foods Market Tempe. Some of our upcoming local projects include:
- STEM Garden Kit – FREE hydroponics kits with STEM education for local K-12 schools.
- GP Research Center – GP’s base of operations for research and volunteerism.
- Fruit Trees 4 Community – FREE fruit trees for local schools, churches, community gardens, or any local 501(c)(3).
- C.O.R.N. Garden – A research garden ran by local volunteers to learn and grow food for the hungry.
- GP Book and Seed Library – A weekly library to provide you with the knowledge and seeds to grow your own food.
- Student Chapters – GP is expanding to students in centers of higher learning to volunteer locally and go on GP adventures overseas.
- Fantasy Farm – A one-of-a-kind historic home in downtown Phoenix with a food forest and GP system that serves as a place to learn to garden through volunteerism.
- Campo Urbano – An upcoming project in cooperation with a local non-profit with an amazing mission.
GP also has several overseas trips planned, too. We plan to revisit Haiti and also go to the Sahara Desert and West Africa.
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, so please attend and help spread the word!
Look for the GP Team throughout the day at Whole Foods Market Tempe for education, projects, and fun! Thank you for your support!