The STEM Garden Kit is a special Garden Pool project to provide local Arizona charter, public, and large homeschool groups with a donated kit that contains everything needed to grow soilless vegetables via hydroponics in a classroom setting.
Garden Pool feels that growing food should be a part of every child’s education experience. We have assembled a great kit to teach students an exciting way to grow food. We are honored to offer this kit for your classroom!
The GP Team has put together a 4-part curriculum to teach:
- Science of Hydroponics
- Soilless Technology Vs. Soil
- Engineering Better Ways to Grow
- Mathematics for Improved Yields
The STEM Garden Kit was designed to give teachers a tool to teach students first-hand with accompanying curriculum for STEM education.
- How to Grow Food
- Seed-Saving Skills
- Food Production Calculation
- Water Chemistry
- Sunlight Vs. Artificial Light
Are you a teacher at a local school?
Request a FREE STEM Garden Kit below and we will contact you when it is ready for local pickup.
Want to sponsor a school?
For $20 you can give a school a STEM Garden Kit in your name. Many students will benefit from your generous donation.
This valuable teaching tool (which would normally retail for over $75) comes with the following supplies:
- Food-grade 5 Gallon Bucket
- 8″ Net Pot Bucket Lid
- Coconut Coir Growing Medium
- 1/4″ Clear Flexi-Tubing & Air Flow Check Valve
- 4.25″ Round Air Stone w/Suction cups
- Air Pump (3.5 Watt, 3 Liter Per Minute)
- 1 Quart of Hydroponic Growing Solution (Concentrated) with 3D Printed Measuring Cup. Download, remix, and 3D print your own Measuring Cup with the SketchUp and 3D printing files: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1025559
- Printed STEM Garden Kit Curriculum Guide
- Starter Garden Seeds (Want More FREE Seeds? Visit the Seed Library!)
Arizona Teachers: to download the STEM Garden Kit Curriculum Guide, click here.